CREDITS: Dr. Andreas Kay https://www.youtube.com/user/DrAndreasKay Dr.Kay has captured intimate portraits of many wonderful. All of his photos and footage ar…
Happy 50th birthday internet! Glad to see you’ve gone IndieWeb!
Requires 2 shortcuts. One parses the JSON at JSON Page shortcuts-simple-remote-commands to generate commands. The other provides selection menus and then runs the selected command on the selected host.
- use a github repo to host json.
- Display name for selection rather than command.
- Restore option to run a shortcut for more complex commands
- Examination of JSON Fetching Shortcut
Install both shortcuts:
- Fetch JSON File (can be replaced with a shortcut that returns a List of Dictionaries (see JSON).
Fetch https://dougbeal.com/shortcuts-simple-remote-commands/ v1
- Select host and command, then run command on host via SSH.
macOS Remote Automation v1
- Open macOS Remote Automation v1 and modify
LISTto have your hostnames and the
DICTIONARYto have your username.
SHORTCUTS Runand select Fetch https://dougbeal.com/shortcuts-simple-remote-commands/ v1
See Remote control your Mac with your iPhone and SSH Key Shortcuts to set up your Mac for remote access.
- open a livestream in VLC via command line
open -a VLC.app "http://stream.relay.fm:8000/stream"
open -a "Quicktime Player"may also work (only if stream is currently live)
useful livestream URLs
- mute macOS volume via command line
osascript -e 'set volume output muted true'
osascript -e 'set volume output muted false'
- start an iTunes playlist with shuffle on
osascript -e 'tell application "iTunes" to shuffle enabled' -e 'tell application "iTunes" to play playlist named "best"'
osascript -e 'tell application "iTunes" to stop'
- Future ideas
- start/stop Quicktime screen recordings on macOS via iOS shortcuts. Running into saving problems. Also complex enough that AppleScript files will be downloaded to Mac.
- clipboard via SSH. Sometimes Handoff clipboard fails me, would be nice to have a backup. Should be able to go either way
- If there is interest, I might try to package these up more as a sharable shortcut
macOS Preperation – Enable Remote Login on target Mac
- Open System Preferences
- Find Sharing (or search for “remote”)
- Turn on Remote Login. Enable “All Users” or add just one.
- Note the machine name (dougbeal-mb1.local), you will need it for the shortcut. You can also edit the name here.
Create ssh shortcut on iOS
- Launch Shortcuts application.
- Create a new shortcut.
- Add Action to shortcut.
- Search for
Run Script Over SSH.
- In the
SSH Key. Shortcuts will automatically generate a key for you.
Scriptand swipe above keyboard and tap
- Tap on
SSH Keyand tap on
Share Public Key. Get the public key to your mac (AirDrop, Handoff Clipboard, Apple Notes will all work).
- make sure
- append public key to
- Create a new shortcut
- add action
- add action
Run Shortcut, choose shortcut from previous section
Install public key on Mac
Assumes public key is on the clipboard.
mkdir -p ~/.ssh
pbpaste >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
Create a shortcut to put Mac Display to sleep
Now when you run the shortcut, your display will go to sleep.
- #100DaysOfDraw #WeDrawWednesdays
2019-11-06 to 2021-09-29
Post Drawing no later than each Wednesday for the next 100 Wednesdays. Inspired by @MakeDoPod, Make Do on Relay FM
- November Blog-A-Day (#NovBaD #NaBloPoMo)
Make blog post for each day of november. Inspired by NaNoWriMo and Jamie Tanna – National Blog Post Month (NaBloPoMo)
- Get out in front creating HWC Seattle events, publicize them better [2019-11-13, 2019-11-27]
- Register w/locality indieweb.seattle.wa.us
- Figure out where to post HWC 10-16 notes
- Start Project planchette [dev] – 1 page scope/goal document
- Start project TB phase 1 [craft]
- find archive of college files and restore first webpage
- 4 weekly reviews! (inspired by @theweeklyreview)
Teaser for tomorrow: GitHub actions!
STS-135, Mission, Inktober 31 of 31
on TomoeRiver Paper
with Platinum Pigment Blue, Platinum Carbon Black, Franklin-Christoph 2017 Philly Pen Show, Sailor Jentle Oku Yama, KWZ Honey, KWZ Grapefruit